Updated: 9th October 2022
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: A small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information.
- Company: When this policy mentions “company,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Web Work Tools Limited, 2nd floor, Deborah Lawson House, Sani Abacha Road, GRA Phase 3, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, which is responsible for your information under these terms and conditions.
- Country: Where Web Work Tools or the owners/founders of Web Work Tools are based, in this case, Nigeria.
- Customer: This refers to the company, organization, or person that signs up to use the Web Work Tools Limited Service to manage relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: Any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or any other device that can be used to visit the site by Web Work Tools and use the products and/or services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned to geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: This refers to those individuals who are employed by Web Work Tools Limited or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: Any information that, directly or indirectly, or in conjunction with other information, allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person, including a personal identification number.
- Product: This refers to the product sold by Web Work Tools as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Service: This refers to the service provided by Web Work Tools as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: This refers to an advertiser, contest sponsor, promotional partner, or any other third party who provides our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: The site by Web Work Tools, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.webworktools.com.
- App(s): One or more software products or applications that are integrated with or accessible via Web Work Tools website.
- You: A person or entity who visits the Web Work Tools website/app(s) to use products and/or services.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information from you when you visit our website, register, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Contact/Mailing Addresses
- Billing Addresses
- Order/Request Information
How do we use the information we collect?
Any information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our service to you: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process your transactions, administer a contest, promotion, survey, other site feature, or send periodic emails.
When does Web Work Tools Limited collect end-user data from third parties?
Web Work Tools Limited will collect end-user data necessary to provide the Web Work Tools Limited services to our customers.
End users may voluntarily provide us with information they have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, we may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
When does Web Work Tools Limited receive / collect customer information from third parties?
We receive some information from third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming a Web Work Tools Limited customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Web Work Tools Limited.
We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Do we share the information we collect from third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale, or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website, database storage and management, email management, storage marketing, debit/credit card processing, customer service; and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate your general location and other technical characteristics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and the type of device used to visit the website. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website and then provide auditing, research, and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users?
Web Work Tools Limited will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
How do we use your email address?
By submitting your email address on this website, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do.
By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this policy. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of secure servers. All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers' database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (debit/credit cards, national identity numbers, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Web Work Tools Limited or guarantee that your information on the supported products, or services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Could my information be transferred to other countries?
Web Work Tools Limited is incorporated in Nigeria. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Is the information collected through the Web Work Tools Limited supported products and services secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standard used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Can I update or correct my information?
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information Web Work Tools Limited collects depend on your relationship with Web Work Tools Limited. Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed, or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
If you are an end user of technology by a third-party organization and a customer of the organization with the wish to update, delete, or receive any information we have about you, you may do so by contacting the organization with which you are a customer first.
If you are a Web Work Tools worker or applicant, we collect and store information you voluntarily provide to us. We use the information collected for human resource purposes in order to administer benefits to workers and screen applicants.
Sale of Business
The laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this agreement and your use of Web Work Tools website. Your use of Web Work Tools website may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Links to Other Websites
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you're located, you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services.
You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this yourself from within your browser. You should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
In respect to any debit/credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
We do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products and/or services) or provide links to third-party websites, products or services ("third-party products or services").
You acknowledge and agree that Web Work Tools Limited is not responsible for any third-party services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Web Work Tools Limited does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any third-party products or services.
Third-party products or services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents' data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
The GDPR is relevant to any globally operating company and not just EU-based businesses or EU residents. Our customers’ data is important irrespective of where they are located, which is why we have implemented GDPR controls as our baseline standard for all our operations worldwide.
What is Personal Data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person. Personal data extends beyond a person’s name or email address. Some examples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresses, physical addresses, sexual orientation, and ethnicity.
The Data Protection Principles include requirements such as:
- Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way and should only be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect.
- Personal data should only be collected to fulfil a specific purpose and it should only be used for that purpose. Organizations must specify why they need the personal data when they collect it.
- Personal data should be held no longer than is necessary to fulfil its purpose.
- People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal data. They can also request a copy of their data, and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted, or moved to another organization.
Why is GDPR important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals' personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breaches. Beyond these facts, it's simply the right thing to do. At Web Work Tools Limited, we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
Individual Data Subject's Rights - Data Access, Portability and Deletion
We are committed to helping our customers meet the data subject rights requirements of GDPR.
Web Work Tools Limited processes or stores all personal data in fully vetted, DPA compliant vendors.
We are aware that if you are working with EU customers, you need to be able to provide them with the ability to access, update, retrieve, and remove their personal data. We've got you! We've been set up as self-service from the start and have always given you access to your data and your customers' data. Our customer support team is here for you to answer any questions you might have about working with the API.